Go! Get Organized! STAYING ON TOP OF YOUR BUSY LIFE
- July 17, 2012
- on 7/17/2012
- MoJo: DonnaMarie Needle
I know I’m not the only one with a crazy, busy life. Does this look like your family? Are you all going in several different directions? When school starts is it even crazier? In our two-teen household, my teens are only getting busier as they become more independent. Plus, we all have more information coming at us than ever before via smart phones, desktops, tablets, home, work, community, the list goes on.
So how do you stay on top of your to do list, your schedule and your family’s schedule? Believe it or not, there are plenty of tools and gadgets out there to help you cut through the clutter, eliminate paper, keep you on track and on time. Most people aren’t fully taking advantage of all the great tech savvy tools available to them, mostly for free.
Are you ready to never miss an important appointment, a coffee date, or a deadline, again? To begin, it’s important to gather your family and get everyone on the same page. Sharing information, schedules and appointments is an important first step in planning your day, your week, your vacation, or just about anything. If your kids have a computer, a tablet or a smartphone, it’s never too early to teach them all the modern conveniences of living in a tech world in order to stay connected and organized.
Below are a few ideas to get started.
- Shared Calendars – Gmail is an email and calendar platform that’s a perfect way to connect the family. Each family member can maintain a separate calendar that can be shared with the rest of the family. You can choose to view all calendars or just one at a time. When scheduling an appointment, or event, you can simply invite other family members so they can accept and the event will show up as an event on their calendar. Gmail Calendars can sync with your smart phone or tablet.
- Online Organizers — Check out Cozi, an online organizer designed especially for busy families that helps you manage the family schedule and organize shopping lists and to do lists. Cozi is accessible from your desktop, smart phone or tablet. Since Cozi is shared, you only need one account for the whole family. My favorite feature; the shopping list! Type the list and then you can send as a text to your phone or another family member’s phone.
- To Do Lists- Check out Toodledo, an online to do list/task manager with an app that can sync to your smart phone or tablet. Organize Your Tasks. Use folders, tags, contexts, sub-tasks and more to organize, search and sort through your tasks. Toodledo is customizable and you can define how you want to view your task; i.e. GTD (Got To Do) Today, Tomorrow, This Week, etc.
- Alarms and Reminders: No matter what gadget or tool you choose to implement, most come with built in reminders in the form of a text, email, or a pop-up on your desk top. These are important features to help you stay on track.
- Get in the Know. Check out Digitwirl. A blog dedicated to bringing you awesome tech tools that will keep you organized and simplify your life.
Do you have a tech-savvy tool you’d like to share?
Donnamarie Needle is an Administrative and Organizational Consultant to Sales and Service Solopreneurs and the Owner of Time Saving Concepts.
No comments have been posted for this article.
You must log in to post comments.