PicMonkey – A Free Online Photo Editor
- March 28, 2012
- on 3/28/2012
- MoJo: Jennifer Gerlock
Not a professional photographer or graphic designer?
Can’t justify spending upwards of $100 for computer software to make your photos look better?
We’d like to introduce you to PicMonkey.
PicMonkey is a fast, easy way for businesses and individuals to make their photos more attractive and functional. The web-based photo editor is fun and effective with a clean and simple interface that anyone can use.
Users simply drag a photo on to the site and begin creating their masterpiece.
PicMonkey editing options range from basics likes cropping and rotating photos to color enhancing and sharpening, not to mention a full array of air-brushing and cosmetic editing tools. The interface is so intuitive that even a child can use it!
- Basic edits (crop, rotate, exposure, sharpen, resize, auto adjust)
- Effects (Orton, cross process, boost, soften, black and white, sepia, HDR, Holga, gritty, etc.)
- Touch up (a full array of air-brushing and cosmetic editing tools.)
- Text (for watermarking or to add captions)
- Overlays (emoticons, comic bubbles, lips, sunglasses, beach, butterflies, etc.)
- Borders (rounded, simple, drop shadow, Polaroid, museum matte)
Due to the fact that PicMonkey recently launched, more advanced features like collages are still under development. Users will have to wait for additional options to be introduced in the coming weeks.
Of note: The PicMonkey does plan to offer premium features (they call them “Royale”) for a small fee. At the moment the photo editing tool is completely free.
Those familiar with the much beloved site Picnik, which was bought and subsequently shut down by Google, will be happy to know that the same creative team is behind PicMonkey. The team plans to expand PicMonkey services even beyond their offerings at Picnik.
You must log in to post comments.